TWO BEE BIRTH SERVICES
owner, childbirth educator, doula | May 2010 – present
- Plan, create and teach childbirth education and parenting courses for expectant women, couples and families.
- Provide doula services in the form of physical, emotional, informational and advocacy support to women and their families during prenatal, birth and postpartum periods.
- Started this business and manage ongoing operations including client relationships, accounting and management of subcontractors.
CREATIVE MANAGEMENT SERVICES
freelance | May 2013 – present
- Provide small business management services to local artists and small businesses.
- Services include but are not limited to:
- Bookkeeping, accounting and budgeting
- Customer relationship and communication management
- Process development and workflow troubleshooting
founder, volunteer | May 2011 – present
- Founded and moderate a large and very active online parenting support community with ~1,500 local members.
- Established and manage the Bloom Community Space, set up to support our online community with meet-ups, classes, workshops and events.
- Host a weekly New Mamas postpartum support group.
AMERICAN MIDWIFERY CERTIFICATION BOARD
consumer member | April 2014 – April 2016
GRANT AWARD : Reducing Disparities in Breastfeeding through Peer and Professional Support
co-awardee | January 2015 – June 2016
As part of an initiative to increase breastfeeding rates among African American mothers, Two Bee Birth Services and the Community Breastfeeding Coalition have received funding through a grant from NACCHO to support the education and training of African American breastfeeding professionals.